Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crowd sourcing Production

Crowd sourcing involves people all around the world. What draws me to participate in a crowd sourcing  project is the goal and the purpose. For my crowd sourcing project production I chose to create a place where the nearest and dearest in our society can be recognized: senior citizens, also known as old people or the elderly. Recently having lost my grandfather I have both a sad and happy feeling when I see the elderly out and about, and I no longer get frustrated when I drive behind them. WeLoveOldPeople.com is here to show the world how truly wonderful old people are. Whether it is an image that is cute, funny or a tribute to a loved ones memory, photos accompanied by a caption or blurb about the image are welcomed into the gallery following their appearance on the senior spotlight. This is not only a way for those who are delighted by old people to be able to capture and share remarkable moments, but as an opportunity for myself to allow the memory of those who have passed living on. 

8 comments:

  1. Christen, I really like your project from the perspective of remembering our families and culture. I've done a lot research into my family's genealogy and I personally believe heritage is something our society sadly disrespects. This seems to be a great database to remember our loved ones, but also shows a common idea of family that is shared across all cultures. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be quite a hallarious web site to browse!
    Posting pictures of the elderly is funny to me...what a great way to tribute the ones we love.
    Super fun project, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya i like it. its pretty creative and a good idea. Not too visually pleasing. maybe have a different design for the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definetely a different design but the idea is there, something we all can relate too, which is really cool. good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some exposition would have been good, but I like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This concept was one that sticks out to me because it is so much more different than any of the others and I liked your story behind it. Old people are really funny and ridiculous at times. Someday we are all going to be some crazy old people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To put it as Peter might, it is a "warm and fuzzy" idea. But it's perfect and it has potential to also be pretty funny. I share your adoration for old people so I think it would be successful and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I shared your soft feelings for the elderly.

    ReplyDelete